Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Reason for living

Entry 1: Reason for going.
Earlier this week Doug(the head of this mission team) asked me to write a short article about my reason for going. So I gave him the short reason, and here is the long reason.


I been listening to "Leave out all the rest" by Linkin Park lately and it got me thinking. I wonder, "What am I leaving when I'm done here?" What will be my reason for being missed? Now I don't want this one trip to define my life, but I want it to define how I want to live my life. I have now helped kids here in my hometown, and now I'm going to help kids halfway around the world. This will definitely be a great experience and hopefully the first of many.

I am happiest when I can make other people happy. I can't wait to get to India and be able to bring joy and laughter to these kids. I think about how my interaction with the kids will affect me and I think I will be the one who gets the most out of it. I'm the lucky one who gets to go to another country and be immersed in a completely new culture and lifestyle.

There is so much more to life than what's here in Tacoma. I'm 21 and haven't even lived in another city. It's time to get out there and do something that has international impact. I don't want to be in my 40's or even my 30's telling someone in my position now that I wished I would have done something like that when I was younger. And to the Leschi kids reading this, I hope that one day I get to read something like this about your travels.

There will be more to come. But until next time, KB signing out.

1 comment:

Uncle Larry said...

Will you be able to post photos? I hope so!